Monday 10 September 2007

Berlin

You would easily know you are back in the West. I find myself standing there studiously obeying the Ampelman (even when the road is clear) while everyone else just charges on. And what's happened to the women? Its like being back home.

You would also know you are in East Berlin, with wide sweeping streets, trams and a legacy of fine communist architecture. Having said that, the area is very cosmopolitan and there are lots of bars and restaurants. Also it is fairly inexpensive and very handy to the trams and trains.

Just resting up for a couple of days before resuming the Tour. Fly out to Reykjavik tonight and hope the weather is better, as it rained most of yesterday here in Berlin.

Bis bald

1 comment:

Just call me Al said...

Hello from Just call me Al. Glad to see you are havin a good time in Brelin. I've been back at work 2 days now but wish I was still on tour.

I'll be glued to Sky TV on Wednesday evening and hoping for a win for GAWA ! Wear the green wig and we will watch for you in the crowd !

Just call me Al