Wednesday 12 September 2007

Wet and wild Reykjavik

The "Tour of the North " continues. Arrived in late Tuesday night got the Flybus which takes you right to the hotel. Great value (Icelandwise at 16pds return trip). The hotel (Floki Inn) is small about a dozen rooms but packed with GAWA. They have found a place which reputedly does pints for around 3,70 - a bargain, so we are meeting up there later on.

I imagined when I booked the trip that RYK in September would be wild and wet and I wasn´t disappointed. It is not only raining cats & dogs but cod & herring as well. The town is gradually filling up with GAWA all looking sodden & bedraggled and all searching for cheap beers & eats. I met the UTV crew who have been here since Sunday who descibe RYK as pretty but dull (at least through the week)

I have just raided the ATM (again) and am now on a recce mission in the town centre. Just as well I invested in new wet gear before the trip. Best tenner I ever spent.

Just a quick post and will report back after the match.


CT

1 comment:

Just call me Al said...

Glad you have finally wakened up are are keeping us posted.

Hope you find the cheap booze.

They'll be gathering here after tea to watch the match.

Look forward to the next post.

Just call me Al