Friday 14 September 2007

From beer glasses to goggle eyes

The retreat from Reykjavik

Well the last night of druken revellry is now behind us and what remains of the "Tour of the North" begins the long trip back home.

Its a lovely sunny day here in RYK and I had a short walk around the harbour. The town is quiet but you get a sense that something is winding up for the week-end. Im just sorry I will miss it. Also spent my last few Krone going up the tower of the Church of the Holy Buck Rodgers. Nice view up there but probably not a good idea to go up a few minutes before the hour. Bong! Bong!

I keep getting a tune that is running through me head at the moment. Now what is it? Ah yes, its The Dambusters. Must be something to do with this flying back and forth to Berlin!

Well as I wrap up the Blog I would just like to thank a few people:

To Al (Just call me Al) the other part of the TOTN for joining me in Riga and keeping me up to date with back home.

To Squid whose company I enjoyed while passing through that sysmbol of Tuetonic efficiency Schoenefeld Airport.

To Jonny and his South of England group whose fancy flags and comic hats kept us all amused. Keep writing those songs Jonny, thats the sort of talent we need.

To all those people I bored telling the Battle of Riga story to.

To all the people who read and contributed to the blog

And most of all...

To all the GAWA who make all this madness possible.
You are never alone with a green shirt on your back!

And remember:

WERE NOT BRAZIL WERE NORTHERN IRELAND.............

No comments: